We all know what’s currently happening across the globe. We wanted to reach out and hope that you’re safe and healthy in these tough times.
We at ExpressTech believe that at times like this, we all need to help each other. Yes, there’s a lot of doubt, fear, uncertainty. 100% understandable. Nobody really knows what is going to happen.
The risk of living in fear? It can drive people into themselves, making them feel isolated and helpless. The cure?
Focus on your work and help others
- Ask yourself… How can I help?
- Where can I provide value where others need it the most?
- Whatever you come up with… it won’t change the world – but that’s not an excuse. Even if you impact 1 other person in a positive way, it’s worth it.
Worldwide, a lot of businesses had to close their office and (suddenly) switch to remote work, without having any time to prepare for it.
We at ExpressTech are very lucky that we are a 100% remote team so we don’t need to take any measures, especially for work. We currently employ over 15 people who all work in different parts of the world in different time zones. We want to assure that our team is working at full capacity for any help you need.
Our remote work culture
We are heavily inspired from doist and buffer teams who are completely remote teams from day 1 and so are we. We follow a “trust by default” culture where everyone is trusted with assigned tasks or work from a fellow employee. This helps especially in a distributed time zone environment.
We also follow a 15 minute daily stand up routine (you can use a bot like standup_alice) which helps bring everyone on the same page.
Tips for remote teams
We also have a list of tips which we recommend to our team members:
- Wear designated work clothes
- Reduce distractions
- Know when to stop
- Reliable Connection
- Take time for self-care
Tools do we use to effectively run our remote team
- Slack & Skype – for team communication
- Clickup – for collaborative product management
- G Suite – for emails, sharing files, calendars etc.
- Projectopia – for client facing project management (developed in house and made public. We have also dropped the price of the core to just $9
Lastly, we have also set up an open Facebook group with all of our engineers on board, in case you need help with working remotely, talk about covid-19, anything about our products or anything related to web development.
Stay strong everyone, human race has been through tougher times, we have even supplied ration during Word wars. Every outbreak in the past seemed like the end of the world but we came out alive and well, this time wouldn’t be any different.
Don’t let fear drive your actions, in these tough times, think about helping others. Let’s bring the best of humanity forward!